Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. This week’s prompt is Books I Want to Read Again (This could mean books you plan on re-reading OR books you wish you could read again for the first time.)
Hello Readers! We made it to December! November was a bit of a whirlwind for me, but I finished Nanowrimo and finished my yearly Popsugar Reading Challenge, (the 2021 list is supposed to be released today!!) so now I’m excited to read for fun and get back to blog-hopping.
This week we’re looking at books we would like to read again. I LOVE to reread books! I was disappointed to discover I’d only reread 4 books in 2019, so I set a goal to read more in 2020. So far I’ve reread 12! I would call that a success. I won’t be including any of the ones I’ve recently reread, which includes The Twilight Saga and The Infernal Devices. But here are some of the books I’d like to read again, including a few I read for the first time this year. Let’s take a look!
(Link to Goodreads synopsis through book title.)
- The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker – I finally read this super-hyped romance set in Alaska… and I loved it! I’m excited about the novella, Forever Wild, which is available today! But someday I want to reread the first two books.
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – One of my goals for 2020 was to read the Shadow and Bone Trilogy and the Six of Crows Duology. I was starting to think it wasn’t going to happen, but I finally binged it in October. I would love to reread the duology. I sped through it so fast, I know there are things I missed and didn’t get to appreciate.
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer – I read the long-awaited Midnight Sun during the summer when it was released, but it’s another one I sped through and feel like it deserves a reread.
- Beach Read by Emily Henry – This may be my favorite read of 2020. (I’m reserving my final decision until the very end of the year. 😉 ) I thought it was as close to perfect as a book can get. I will definitely be rereading it during 2021!
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren – It’s been a couple of years since I read The Unhoneymooners, but it was so much fun, it deserves a reread!
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper – I’ve read several of Tropper’s books, but this one is my favorite. While it isn’t perfect, I laughed and smiled so much. Books (with humor) about dysfunctional families are among some of my favorite books. (I enjoyed the film adaptation staring Jason Bateman, as well.)
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – It’s been years since I read this one, but I remember loving it so much. I would love to see if it holds up.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – I’ve only ever read this one once, and it was many years ago. I would love to see if it’s one I still love.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I’ve mentioned Fangirl in several Top Ten Tuesdays lately. I think that means it’s time for a reread. I’ve only ever read it once, but I enjoyed it so much. Really, that goes for all of Rowell’s books.
- The Emperor’s Edge by Lindsay Buroker – One of my very favorite series! I’ve read it many times, but it’s currently been 6 or 7 years. It’s time for a reread!
Do you like to reread books? What book are you most looking forward to reading again? Let me know in the comments!