Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. This week’s prompt is Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2021.
Hello Readers! I hope you’re feeling rested and refreshed for the New Year! Personally, I could use another week. 😉 I’ve been doing more binge-watching than binge-reading. But I did enjoy looking ahead to all the great books to come in the first half of 2021.
I didn’t want to repeat books, so I won’t be sharing any of the books I already shared in my Winter (2021) TBR—which included one of my most anticipated books, Chain of Iron. But there are plenty of other books I’m excited about! I may not get to all of these as they’re released, but hopefully soon after.
(Link to Goodreads synopsis through book title.)
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah – I’m very excited about this one set in my home state of Texas during the Dust Bowl era—a historical fiction setting I need to read more books about. (2/2/21)
- Love at First by Kate Clayborn – I was already excited about this one and then I snagged a free copy through BookishFirst! The excerpt hooked me from the start. (2/23/21)
- Namesake (Fable, #2) by Adrienne Young – One of my most anticipated reads of 2021! (3/16/21)
- Hurricane Summer by Asha Bromfield – This is one of my recent ARC additions that is getting rave reviews. And that cover!! (5/4/21)
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry – Henry’s previous novel, Beach Read, was my favorite book of 2020, so I’m excited to pick up her next one and see if I love it, as well. (5/11/21)
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren – Always excited for the latest book by this romancing duo! (5/18/21)
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – Reid’s books can sometimes be hit or miss for me, but she is a great writer. Her latest—set in the 1980s—sounds like my kind of book. (5/25/21)
- The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris – This debut is being described as a Get Out and Devil Wears Prada mash-up set in the publishing world. I’m sold! (6/1/21)
- My Contrary Mary (Mary, #1) by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows – I’m very excited about the latest retelling and reimagining of famous Marys by the authors that gave us the Janies series. (6/22/21)
- Lady Sunshine by Amy Mason Doan – I’m very excited about Doan’s latest! I always find myself lost in her well-written romances. (6/29/21)
Do we share any books on our most anticipated list? Have you read any of these yet? Let me know in the comments!