Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. This week’s prompt is Books I Hope Santa Brings.
Hello Readers! Christmas is only a few days away and the end of 2020 is very near. Hopefully the tree is trimmed, all of your shopping is done, and these last few days you can find some time to relax and read!
This week we’re looking at the books we hope Santa leaves for us under the tree. I remembered doing a similar prompt last year, Books I Hope to Find Under My Tree, so I took a look to see if there were any books I did eventually get—or even read—or if they’re still on my wishlist. 😉 I did add four to my shelves, read two, and one is on my list again this year. Oops.
(Link to Goodreads synopsis through book title.)
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo – After reading With the Fire on High this year, all of Acevedo’s other books are on my TBR, but I especially want to read this one!
- Love & Olives by Jenna Evans Welch – I binged Welch’s Love & Gelato and Love & Luck this summer, and I adored them! Greece is one of my dream destinations, so Love & Olives is a must-read for me.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – So many of my fellow book bloggers love this book. And while I have a love/hate relationship with magical realism, I’m very intrigued by this one.
- Slay by Brittney Morris – This is one of those YA books that on paper probably wouldn’t interest me, but the hype for this book has won me over!
- From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata – I’ve heard so many great things about this book, and I used to be a bit obsessed with Olympic figure skating back in the day.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune – This book wasn’t even on my radar but so many of you have said it’s one of your favorite reads of the year, so I have to read it now!
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams – I’ve wanted to read this one since I read an excerpt when it was published. And one of my prompts on my 2021 Popsugar Challenge is a book that starts with the letter “Q”, “X”, or “Z”, so it will fit this prompt perfectly!
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – Now that I’ve finally read the Shadow and Bone series and the Six of Crows duology, I’m excited to read more in the Grishaverse!
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman – I’m a fan of Backman’s writing and his latest book sounds unlike anything else. It’s getting rave reviews!
- The Simple Wild signed bundle by K.A. Tucker – I heard about this sweet bundle from Dini @ dinipandareads and I love the idea of having physical copies to display on my shelf since I read them all originally on an e-reader.
Do we share any books on our wishlists? Have you read any of these yet? Let me know in the comments!