Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new theme is suggested for bloggers to participate in. This week’s prompt is Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes (or spring if you live in the southern hemisphere).
Hello Readers! I hope you’re all well and safe during these challenging times. Good things are around the corner! I decided to focus on book covers that give me fall vibes off my TBR that I want to own because I’d already done Books That Give Off Autumn Vibes last year. I don’t know if all of these are set in fall, but the covers definitely give me fall vibes. 🙂
(Link to Goodreads synopsis through book title.)
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson – Any Shirley Jackson book tends to give me autumn vibes. This is one that’s been on my TBR for years.
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah – Okay, so technically this one won’t be published until February of 2021 but I am loving the cover. It’s set in Texas (my home state) during the Dust Bowl era. It’s a must-read for me.
- SHOUT by Laurie Halse Anderson – Anderson’s poetic memoir and call to action advocating for survivors of sexual assault. Her YA novel Speak was so powerful. I’m sure her memoir is, as well. I love the tree motif on both covers.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – I’ve heard only great things about this book and the cover is gorgeous with its fallish colors.
- Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover – So this one is set in the summer, but those colors and skulls are giving me fall vibes. 😉
- The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe – I’ve loved this cover since the first time I saw it. I’m sure the story packs a powerful punch, as well.
- Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett – I’m always drawn to covers that involve looking through a window. This one gives me serious fall and winter vibes. I know this one seems to have mixed reviews. Have you read it?
- Meet Me On Love Lane by Nina Bocci – This is a book I discovered from you guys, fellow bloggers. It gives me all the fall feels. And I need to pick it up soon!
- The Mountains Sing by Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai – Another exquisite cover, this book sounds beautiful and emotional. It’s a multigenerational novel that tells the story of the Tran family in Viet Nam and the devastating war that destroys their lives.
- Autumn by Ali Smith – This is the first book in Smith’s Seasonal series. It doesn’t get more fall vibes than this. It seems to have mixed reviews, but I’m still intrigued by the whole series. Have you read it??
Have you read any of these? What’s your favorite fall read? Let me know in the comments!