Hello Readers! It’s been rainy and cold here in Texas, and when Dini @ dinipandareads nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, I couldn’t wait to participate! I could use some sunshine. 🙂 Thank you so much, Dini! If you’re not following Dini, you should go check out her blog. It’s not only easy on the eyes, but her reviews are informative and fun! I’m always excited to read her latest post. <3
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you could only eat one dish for the rest of your life what would it be?
It’s not a dish, but I could eat a California Club sandwich from Jason’s Deli EVERY DAY. I’m not sure about every meal though…
2. What’s your favourite hobby outside of reading?
I don’t really have a lot of spare time to spend on hobbies besides reading, but I do enjoy listening to music and making playlists to go with the books I read, which I shared a few songs from in my Valentine Top Ten Tuesday post a few weeks ago.
3. What are three of the best things about the book community?
(1) I’ve finally found a place where people don’t care how much I talk about books! (2) And while I’m new to blogging, I’ve found that the book community is overwhelmingly kind. (3) I’m discovering so many more books! Which is what we’re all here for, right??
4. Do you collect anything when you travel (even if it’s locally)?
Magnets for my refrigerator, Christmas ornaments, and bookmarks!
5. If someone offered to buy three books from your wish list and you had ten seconds to tell them the titles or miss the chance to get them, what books would you say?
I would add to my clothbound Penguin Classics collection with Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, and Great Expectations.
6. If you could choose to do anything in the world for a living, what would you do?
A successful novelist! 🙂
7. Do you own any extra special books (special editions, signed) that you’ll never let anyone else touch/borrow?
I have a couple of books signed by Maggie Stiefvater that I definitely would not loan out.
8. What fictional character is most like you?
When I read Little Women, like most girls, I identified with Jo. But as I got older, I realized I was primarily a Meg. It’s something I’ve had to come to terms with. 😉
9. What is one of the most interesting things you’ve learned from reading fiction?
Does historical fiction count? Because I’ve learned about so many little-known historical events and places through historical fiction novels. Most memorable are The Soldier’s Wife, where I first learned about the island of Guernesy, and The Last Year of the War, where I first learned about an internment camp in Texas, my own state.
10. What is the last book you highly recommend?
I just finished Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han and I LOVED it! If you haven’t read this series, and you’re a fan of contemporary fiction, you should give it a try. And if you don’t like young adult, I promise it’s not angsty like some YA can be. 🙂 My review.
11. It is a little-known fact that everyone has a tiny horse inside them. Some say that this horse represents…your soul. What does the tiny horse inside of you look like?
When I first read this question, I thought it said tiny HOUSE instead of tiny horse and I was very excited about having a tiny house inside of me. I’m not as excited about a tiny horse, but I’ll play along. My tiny horse is hopefully dark teal, which is my favorite color, and best friends with a night owl that keeps it company during its midnight pursuits. 😉
Please don’t feel obligated, but if you’d like to participate, your questions are below! <3
- Hannah @ Books, Life and Other Oddities
- Siobhan @ Novelties
- Rukky @ Eternity Books
- Taylor @ Nerd Narration
- Prachi @ Starry Eyed Enigma
- Leslie @ Books Are The New Black
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way
- Katie @ In Between Spines
- Verushka @ Pop.Edit.Lit
- Alex @ Whimsy Pages
Here are your questions:
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- Describe yourself in five words!
- If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which one would you choose?
- Cats or Dogs?
- If you could travel anywhere in the universe, where would you go?
- What book did you enjoy that you feel is underrated?
- What is your favorite word? (Surprise, mine is wanderer. ;))
- If you could reread a favorite book for the first time, which one would you pick?
- What blog post are you most proud of–or had the most fun making? And share the link!
- How do you feel about cliffhangers?
- What book made you fall in love with reading?
How’d I do with my answers? Let me know in the comments!