I haven’t participated in a tag in a long, long time. So, I thought, why not today? The very lovely Dini @ dinipandareads tagged me in the Behind the Blogger Tag. If you’re not a follower of Dini, you should be. I find myself smiling and continually adding to my mounting TBR when I visit her blog!
Thank you for the tag, Dini! <3
- Thank the person who nominated you (Dini @ dinipandareads)
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I’m quite new to blogging. I think it’s been about nine months since I started?? I actually bought my domain many years ago with the intention to start a blog, but it’s one of those things I kept putting off. I have been using Netgalley and been on Bookstagram for several years, though, so a blog just felt like the next natural step. I wanted somewhere else to connect with other book lovers since I don’t have many people to share my love of books with. <3
I quickly discovered that the book blogging community is a welcoming and positive place to be, and I’m so happy I finally jumped in!
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Hmmm. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with something new and creative every week for Top Ten Tuesday! But my favorite posts are the ones that take some research. Whether it’s a TBR list of what to read in a prolific book world or a music playlist to enjoy while you read a specific book series.
What are your top three favorite blog posts you’ve written?
These are the three that have required the most research, and therefore were the most fun for me. 😉
- Chain of Gold TBR: What to (Re)read Before Starting Cassandra Clare’s Next Novel (This is my all-time top post. I’m still shocked by how many people visit this post per day. But no one leaves comments. Ha!)
- Top Ten Tuesday: My Book Soundtrack | Love Song Edition
- My Popsugar Reading Challenge for 2020
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Well, besides the obvious answer which is reading, I love to listen to music, watch movies, and relax by our fire pit with the family.
What are three of your favorite things?
Books, books, and books!!?? Okay, besides books, right? 😉
- My family
- Long road trips
- My cats, Sophie and Sadie.
What are your proudest blogging moments?
Well, since I haven’t been blogging long, I don’t have many big moments yet, but when I posted my very first post, which was just a review. I don’t even know if anyone ever looked at it. Ha! My very first follower! And then when I hit 50 followers, I was pretty happy. Currently I’m at 75, and that feels like such a big number to me. I love seeing so many other fellow book lovers. <3
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Reading and blogging take up most of my free time, plus just being a wife and mom. 🙂 But I do enjoy having plants and smallish patio gardens, even though I’m not very good at it. We were sad we didn’t get to purchase plants for our little patio garden this year because of Covid-19, but hopefully next year!
Describe your personality in three words.
Do I have to?? Hmm. I’m a hard-core INFP, so I’ll cheat and use all four of those: Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. 😉
What are your top three pet peeves?
Only three?? Did you notice the Perceiving personality trait? I’m very observant of people and the annoying things they do. Ha! I apologize if any of these are you…
- When people talk over others. This happens to me A LOT, but I’m sure it’s because of my introversion. I hope, anyway.
- When people are on their cell phones for an extended period of time and everyone else is having a conversation. Are we boring you??
- When people talk on the phone in a public restroom. It’s just gross. For those around them and the person on the phone. 😉
What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
Welp, I was in my high school marching band. I played the flute. Terribly. I think I was last chair most of the time. But it is where I met my husband. (He played trombone.) <3
And that’s it! Thanks for reading along. I’m going to tag a few bloggers I’d love to learn more about, but please don’t feel obligated! <3